Principal Advisor to the GM Finance Business Partnering | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Advisor FBP - Jul 2018 FINAL.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- An exciting newly created opportunity within our Finance & Performance Group (F+P) for a Principal Advisor, a role that requires passion for excellence, strong leadership and collaboration, and a focus on continuous improvement and consistency of practice
- Interesting mix of developing stakeholder relationships, raising financial capabilities across all MBIE business groups, co-ordination of process improvements and the implementation of change initiatives
- Wellington CBD based 12 month fixed term contract
About the branch:
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within F+P, works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch (a team of 28) is the conduit between F+P and the business groups.
About the role:
The Principal Advisor to the GM Finance Business Partnering is a role that reports to the General Manager Finance Business Partnering within the Finance Business Partnering branch of F+P.
As the Principal Advisor you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the work programme across the Finance Business Partner branch. This will include designing, co-ordinating and rolling out an upskilling programme across the MBIE Business Groups to lift finance capabilities and understanding.
You will work closely across the Finance Business Partner teams connecting them with the other F+P group functions enabling them to lead strategically within each MBIE business group.
The Principal Advisor will play a critical role in clarifying the intersect between teams, support the customer centric approach and support the General Manager in the standardisation and rationalisation of practices. They will work closely with the other F+P General Managers and Principal Advisors in the Financial Control and Enterprise Performance and Reporting branches.
The Principal Advisor also provides leadership and coaching across the branch and champion the work of F+P across MBIE.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The F+P is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for:
- Experience in leading successful change initiatives
- Strong organisational and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, quickly establish and build strong working relationships, and develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- A good listener with the ability to clearly represent and articulate differing views
- Technically savvy with broad experience and knowledge of various ICT systems
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A strong output focus.
- A natural propensity to seek out inefficiencies and provide “best practice” solutions using tools and systems
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents and be ICAANZ qualified or equivalent.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at email@example.com if you have any further questions. Applications close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July.