Summer Policy Internship 2018/19 | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Summer Policy Intern PD.pdf (PDF, 603KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
Summer Policy Internship
- Learn how to create a better New Zealand through the world of policy.
- Gain valuable experience working on interesting and often high profile projects.
- Work in the coolest little capital over summer!
About our Summer Policy Internship
As a Summer Intern, you'll be tackling real life problems and helping create a better New Zealand for your whānau, community, and the economy.
It's exciting and challenging work that could see you looking at how we can make NZ businesses more internationally competitive, making sure all regions benefit from tourism, protecting people from loan sharks, planning the country's response to humanitarian crises, or much more!
Who we are looking for
- Skilled Writers who write clearly, accurately, and logically.
- Critical Thinkers who use well-reasoned logic to solve problems.
- Evidence Gatherers who research, identify, and make use of relevant information.
- Nimble Learners who are flexible and responsive to change.
- Supportive Team Players who build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- Persuaders & Influencers who gain the trust and support of others.
- Purpose Driven Actioners who take on new opportunities and tough challenges.
- Decision Makers who make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- You must be currently studying for a Bachelor's degree or higher qualification, and will be continuing your study in 2019.
- You must be available from 12pm on the 21st of August 2018 through to 12pm on the 22nd of August 2018 to complete and submit the online Written Assessment ( subject to selection).
- You must be available to attend the Assessment Centre in Wellington on 20th September (subject to selection). We will cover the costs of reasonable domestic travel if you don't reside in Wellington.
- You must be eligible to live and work in New Zealand.
- You must pass all other MBIE employment vetting and approval standards.
- Online application form including a Situational Judgment Test.
- Competency-based video interview.
- Written assessment.
- Full-day Assessment centre (in Wellington) including: Watson Glaser assessment, group exercise, and competency-based interview.
- Reference checks.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button in order to be directed to our careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz). You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Your application will need to include:
- Current academic transcript (official or unofficial).
- Current CV.
- Cover letter – tell us why you're interested and why you think you'll make a great policy advisor and please address this to the Graduate Recruitment Team
Applications close on Sunday 29 July 2018.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com