Procurement Graduate 2019 | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Procurement Graduate Programme - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 320KB)
PD - Procurement Graduate.pdf (PDF, 320KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
- Fastest growing profession in Australasia
- Work across a number of government agencies and sectors; build skills and your network
- Two-year programme, starting February 2019
- Wellington and Auckland based positions
The New Zealand Government Procurement's Graduate Programme has been created to develop tomorrow's procurement leaders. We need great communicators, passionate collaborators, big-picture thinkers and driven problem solvers.
If you want to make a direct impact helping government agencies achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes and deliver value for New Zealanders, the Procurement Graduate programme is the one for you.
To give you a breadth of experience, you will be placed at different government agencies and work alongside experienced procurement practitioners across a variety of projects. You will get to know the different stages of the procurement lifecycle, from strategy and market analysis through to contract management. You will make a direct impact on helping government agencies to achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes. You will also gain the critical skills necessary to accelerate your career and develop into a procurement leader in just two years.
This is a graduate programme like no other.
- Two-year programme; three to four placements across our partner government agencies.
- Professional skills development through mentoring, a buddy programme, networking events and training.
- Opportunities in both Auckland and Wellington.
- Fast track programme growing your expertise in procurement, commercial and relationship management skills.
- Work on interesting and high-value projects and gain a breadth of practical experiences in procurement across different sectors (ICT, infrastructure, health, etc.).
- Exposure to a wide network of experienced procurement professionals
- Competitive salary.
Our partner agencies
We partner with a growing group of agencies to offer placements. Some of the government agencies our graduates have had placements include ACC, Auckland Transport, Department of Internal Affairs, Housing New Zealand, Inland Revenue, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Ministry of Education, New Zealand Defence Force, NZ Health Partnerships and PHARMAC.
Who should apply
We are open to students from a variety of degrees and tertiary backgrounds. You need to be a recent graduate or a student in your final year of study in 2018 and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We are looking for talent who:
- can easily adapt and work fluidly in fast-paced, ever-changing environments
- are engaging, dynamic and eager to learn
- can demonstrate leadership skills and is a solutions-focused thinker
- Online application form - You'll be asked to upload your CV, cover letter, official/unofficial academic record and answer some competency-based questions.
- Competency-based video interview.
- Written assessment and face-to-face interviews in Auckland and Wellington.
Interested? Please visit our Graduate page to apply or watch our recruitment video.
You can also check out what our current grads have to say,
Otherwise, fire through a question to email@example.com and we'll be in touch.
Applications close on 29 July.