Principal Transition Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Transition Advisor, Service Design & Readiness, SPO, ICT, CGI.pdf (PDF, 121KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- Transition of new and modified systems into the MBIE ICT environment
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Permanent opportunity - Wellington CBD based
About the role
Reporting to Manager Service Design and Readiness, this position is responsible for planning and preparing for the transition of new and modified systems into the MBIE ICT production environment.
The role will work closely with project managers to plan and prepare solutions for operational readiness sign off. It will then facilitate the transition of the deliverables into production.
Skills and experience
- In depth knowledge and significant experience in ICT operations and/or ICT project management, service delivery management including outsourced environments; ITMS; Cloud Services
- Proven experience in an ICT Transition, implementation and/or assurance role
- An analytical thinker who is able to make connections between various aspects of the organisation and the implications or potential risks for the ICT branch and the customer
- Proven experience in the development of complex processes and support solutions
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and develop trust and credibility with managers, staff, vendors and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focussed on continuous improvement to enhance ICT performance
- Tertiary qualification in a business or technology related discipline or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification
Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. ICT sits within the Corporate, Governance and Information (CGI) group. CGI supports MBIE through specialist expertise and fit-for-purpose services.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement.
Please e-mail Rosie Horsfall at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing MBIE/1342889 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.