Policy Graduate Programme - February 2019 Intake | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Graduate Advisors - PD.pdf (PDF, 340KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
- A robust, structured and supportive 16 month development programme.
- Exciting and challenging work with a wide exposure to policy issues.
- A great cohort of graduates to grow alongside you.
About the role
As a grad on the MBIE Policy Graduate Programme, you'll be tackling real life problems and helping create a better New Zealand for your whānau, community, and the economy.
It's exciting and challenging work that could see you looking at how we can make NZ businesses more internationally competitive, making sure all regions benefit from tourism, protecting people from loan sharks, planning the country's response to humanitarian crises, or much more!
Our 16 month programme includes:
- a supportive induction programme to help get you quickly up-and-running
- on-the-job learning opportunities designed to expose you to a wide range of policy issues
- an intensive development programme designed to develop your policy craft
- ongoing support, feedback and direction to help you progress your policy career
Plus, the role is based in Wellington, the coolest little capital in the world! You'll never be short of things to do in this vibrant city. It's easy to get around, filled with sporting and cultural events, and what's more - it's New Zealand's political, scientific, and cultural heart.
Who we are looking for
- Skilled Writers who write clearly, accurately, and logically.
- Critical Thinkers who use well-reasoned logic to solve problems.
- Evidence Gatherers who research, identify, and make use of relevant information.
- Nimble Learners who are flexible and responsive to change.
- Supportive Team Players who build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- Persuaders & Influencers who gain the trust and support of others.
- Purpose Driven Actioners who take on new opportunities and tough challenges.
- Decision Makers who make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- You must have graduated, or will finish your coursework before February 2019.
- You can have no more than one year post-graduation full-time work experience.
- You must have achieved at least a B average (refer to your university website to calculate your GPA)
- You must have the ability to legally live and work in New Zealand.
- You must pass all MBIE employment vetting and approval standards
- You must be available to attend a competency-based interview in Wellington on either 11 or 12 September 2018. (We will pay for reasonable domestic travel costs if you don't reside in Wellington).
- Online application form including a Situational Judgment Test.
- Competency-based video interview.
- Written assessment.
- Full-day assessment centre (in Wellington) including: Watson Glaser assessment, group exercise, OPQ32r personality questionnaire, and competency-based interview.
- Reference checks.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button in order to be directed to our careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz). You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Your application will need to include:
- Current academic transcript (official or unofficial).
- Current CV.
- Cover letter – tell us why you're interested and why you think you'll make a great policy advisor and please address this to the Graduate Recruitment Team
Applications close on Sunday 29 July 2018.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com