Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| 20180613 PD Senior Engagement and Comms Advisor PDU.pdf (PDF, 100KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2018|
- Help make a difference to the regions - supporting the delivery of the Provincial Growth Fund
- Newly created full time senior role for a communications and stakeholder engagement expert
- Deliver internal and external communications and customer engagement, including social media
- Fixed term two years
- Based in Wellington CBD
About the role
In this role you will provide senior communications and engagement advice to support the work of the client group – the Provincial Development Unit (PDU). You will be responsible for providing high quality communications support to the Provincial Development Unit and to Ministerial offices, collaborating closely with other team members. You will be focussed on external communications, design and implementation of communications strategies, and customer engagement whilst working flexibly with other communications teams within MBIE ensuring a seamless client service.
You will need to bring
You will work with a broad variety of stakeholders, including working with Ministers' offices, and external stakeholders in other public services agencies. You will need to be people-focussed, a safe pair of hands and politically savvy. You will thrive under pressure, and have a pro-active approach wanting to deliver best practice communication solutions to deliver the goals of the Provincial Development Unit.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and delivering engagement strategies and plans
- Demonstrated strategic thinking to engage and connect with a broad variety of audiences and channels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex environment with a strong degree of agility and flexibility
- Top notch writing and oral communications skills and an ability to create engaging content for a range of communication channels
- Experience in setting up social media channels and developing and executing social media strategies
- Strong proven experience on providing customer focused solutions and services
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels including MBIE senior leadership and staff in Minister's offices
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
About MBIE and the Provincial Development Unit
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF). Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim to lift productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join an organisation that works to support the regions, then we would like to hear from you.
For further information and to apply please visit click ‘Apply' or visit careers.mbie.govt.nz and search reference number MBIE/1339883. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For more information or any questions please email Nicola.Hawkins@mbie.govt.nz.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 27 June 2018