Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Procurement Specialist - May 2018.pdf (PDF, 359KB)
Position Description - Procurement Specialist - May 2018.pdf (PDF, 351KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2018|
- Utilise your strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrate your advanced business acumen and deliver commercial outcomes for government
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington location
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property (NZGPP) branch has changed its operating model to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders. This has created a number of exciting opportunities and different ways of working. We have two permanent positions available that provide the opportunity to demonstrate your experience and excellence in supplier relationship management and delivering commercial outcomes.
Interested? Read on.
This opportunity is responsible to ensure that innovation and added value is achieved by taking a long term view of supplier relationships and the way NZGPP engages with the market. Tapping into a supplier's expertise and capability, the Senior/Procurement Specialist enables NZGPP to improve quality, exchange insights about market trends and ensure a future focused, comprehensive, consolidated approach to supplier relationship management.
The Senior/Procurement Specialist reports to the Manager Supplier Relationship Management, and actively and regularly engages with agencies, suppliers and government centres of expertise to achieve the best possible commercial outcomes for government.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in cooperative relationships with key stakeholders or suppliers driving innovation, added value and benefit realisation
- Considerable commercial / procurement experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex commercial / procurement situations and to recommend and design robust strategies and solutions
- Experience in developing strategies, implementing and managing commercial / procurement initiatives
- Experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, and senior managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- High degree of political nous and a working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in dealing with change in a complex and dynamic environment
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Monica Chow by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are keen on the Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist role or you would like to be considered for both positions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 24 June 2018.