Business Analyst - Operational Policy, Immigration New Zealand | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Operational Policy - Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 372KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2018|
- Do you have excellent writing and analysis skills?
- Do you have good judgement and decision-making skills?
- Multiple permanent opportunities – Wellington CBD based
About the role:
In Operational Policy we take our work from all areas of Immigration New Zealand. Whether it's from new policies the Government needs to implement, continuous improvement initiatives or suggestions from one of our frontline teams, we turn these into action.
We will look at the requests to identify the size and scope of what needs to be done. Then we operationalise the change by updating our immigration instructions, website, forms and guides, standard operating procedures for frontline staff or liaising with ICT and our vendors to change systems.
As a Business Analyst in the Operational Policy team, you will be expected to participate and contribute to the team's outputs, which include:
- The analysis, design and implementation of policy changes
- Writing immigration instructions and a variety of communications
- The analysis and design of business improvements
- Maintaining various immigration products
Follow this link to view the Immigration Instructions webpage: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/policy-and-law/how-the-immigration-system-operates/immigration-instructions
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in explaining complex issues in simple terms to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of New Zealand's immigration operating environment or relevant experience in a similar position.
- Understanding or experience with business process design and analysis.
- The ability to work within a team environment and establish working relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
- You will also hold a tertiary qualification or possess equivalent experience in business process design.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand public sector and the mechanics of government.
- Good knowledge of legislative frameworks is an advantage.
- Ideally you will have some experience in a role where precision and attention to detail is key.
- Applicants must possess NZ Citizenship or hold a residence class visa.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
At Immigration NZ, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. Our business has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean that our systems & processes we know today will not be the ones we deliver in digitally led reality of tomorrow.
How to apply:
To find out more about this position, please click on the ‘Apply' button below, this will take you to the MBIE Careers site where you will be able to view the full Position Description. From there you will also be able to register your details and submit your application with your CV and Cover Letter for this vacancy. All applications must be formally submitted via the online advertisement for tracking and evaluation purposes.
If you have further questions, please contact Rosie Horsfall on email@example.com quoting MBIE/1339313.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 27th June 2018.