Business Manager, Engagement Communications and Ministerial Services | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Business Manager Engagement Communications and Ministerial Services .pdf (PDF, 356KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2018|
- An influential position responsible for enabling strategic operational delivery in a busy branch
- Join our smart, innovative and high performing team delivering services and support and enable the Ministry to engage effectively with New Zealanders
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager to join the Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services (ECoMS) Branch, supporting the General Manager with the strategy, direction and running of the branch to ensure it is as effective and efficient as possible. The position brings business understanding, strategic capability and the ability to work in partnership with managers in the branch, the General Manager and other Business Managers across the wider business.
We need a seasoned professional with broad knowledge of business practice and systems, and a high-level understanding of Government decision-making and operational procedures. As our Business Manager, you will ensure that the ECoMS Branch is aligned to the wider organisation and that our resources, systems, processes, people and culture deliver the services our customers and stakeholders expect.
Key areas of focus will be: ensuring the Branch's business plan is in place and implemented; that our work plans are aligned with the organisation's direction; that branch-wide initiatives are delivered and the overall branch is running optimally in order to support an efficient and integrated approach to service delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in delivering and implementing strategies at a departmental level or that impact multiple teams
- Experience in running business operations and enabling planned and coordinated activities
- Knowledge of the business planning processes that align with wider organisational direction
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships, develop trust and credibility with managers and staff, and the ability to influence and work with others where direct reporting relationships do not exist.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position by clicking the ‘Apply Now' button. This will take you to our careers website where you can read the position description, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
To be considered you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand and for tracking purposes, only online applications will be accepted.
If you would like more information please contact Nicole Hawkins Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1338277.
Applications close 5.00pm Tuesday 26th June 2018.