Portfolio Performance Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Portfolio Performance Manager PD - June 18.docx (Word, 67KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2018|
- Do you “get” benefits realisation and change management?
- Are you able to influence and take people on a journey?
- A busy and varied role in an energised & engaged EPMO team
- Permanent opportunity based in our central Wellington location
Why work for us?
- This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and well regarded EPMO team as we work to improve portfolio planning, quantify return on investment (benefits), and improve the delivery approach of our portfolios.
About the role:
This is not the usual Change Manager or Benefits Manager role! Rather your primary customers will be Portfolio Managers, Change Managers, and Benefits Managers.
As a subject matter expert, you will provide support & guidance in a consultative manner, facilitate benefits mapping workshops where necessary, and generally make the overall benefits machine work. You will be involved in Change Management and Portfolio Investment Planning to exploit the natural connection to benefit realisation.
Specifically we're looking for an energised; people focused Portfolio Performance Manager to continue the improvement of portfolio delivery across MBIE. This role involves:
- Championing a culture of effective Benefits Realisation and Change Management across portfolios, programmes, and projects.
- Working closely with the portfolio Change Managers and Benefits Managers to embed and raise maturity levels of benefits and change management at a project and portfolio level.
- Establishing portfolio performance reporting based on the analysis of benefits realisation data.
If this excites you make contact below to read through a detailed job description for this role.
To do this role:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 or more years' experience working in a structured benefits or change management environment. As well as possessing an in depth understanding and professional interest in benefit realisation and / or change management practices.
- Significant portfolio, programme, and project delivery knowledge, understanding, and experience.
- A very high standard of written English is also required, coupled with great communication skills and the ability to form a wide range of working relationships. In this role relationships get the job done.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1337427 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 24th of June.