Senior Strategy and Relationships Advisor - International Science Partnerships | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Strategy and Relationship Advisor - June 2018.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2018|
- Contribute to MBIE's goal of Growing New Zealand for all by supporting a dynamic, high-performing, science system
- Play a leadership role within an ambitious international team focussed on making a difference
- Be part of an effective and high-performing branch
- Fixed term role for 18 months, based in Wellington CBD
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to take your existing international policy skills and apply them in a new environment singularly focussed on achieving tangible outcomes for New Zealand.
We are on the lookout for an Experienced International Policy Professional to join our International Science Partnerships team within our Science, Innovation and International branch for a duration of approx. 18 months.
As the Senior Strategy and Relationships Advisor you will be responsible for providing strategic advice on the shape of New Zealand's international science investments. You will be responsible for managing relationships with key international partners, and leading the negotiation and design of new large-scale international science investments. You will play a key role in supporting the Manager to develop the team's capability to implement an ambitious international science strategy.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone with experience in international relations and policy or similar fields who can apply their skills to a range of practical international relations, negotiation and policy problems in the science sector. In particular, we value:
- Extensive experience in policy and/or international relations at a senior level
- Proven critical thinking, analytical skills and an enquiring mind
- Experience in leading or supporting negotiation processes
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to generate new frameworks and come up with new approaches
- The ability to operate with high effectiveness and minimal supervision, while providing intellectual and practice leadership across swathes of the team's work
- Experience influencing a wide range of stakeholders, including Ministers, senior decision-makers and international counterparts
In return, we offer you
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We proactively support development through on-the-job learning and we'll help you manage a healthy work-life balance; with flexi-time, healthcare and financial benefits, along with sports teams and social activities.
About the branch
The Science, Innovation and International branch brings together MBIE's international work in one branch to optimise the links that can be made in New Zealand's international connections. It brings together the policy teams working to maximise the value from science, innovation and trade policy by ensuring they are connected with business and that businesses have the ability to commercialise new knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter van de Merwe at Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1336430 with further questions.
Applications close at 5 pm on Sunday 24 June 2018.